19/11/2020 9:00 am - 11:00 am
What is GroBrain?
- GroBrain is a group for expectant parents or parents with an infant up to 12 months.
- GroBrain explores bonding, emotions experienced by parents and baby, and brain development.
Over the 5 weeks you will look at topics including:
- How the brain is ‘wired up’ by early experiences and relationships.
- The impact of stress on a baby’s brain.
- How to ‘tune in’ to your baby’s cues and signals, and practice ways to
soothe a baby.
- How to manage your baby’s emotions.
- How to bond with your baby.
- Baby massage.
- Looking at how diet and lifestyle choices during pregnancy connect with baby’s brain development.
- This Group is being run online via Facebook
- There are 5 x 2 hour sessions with a break for refreshments in each session.
- We recommend that you attend all five sessions to get the most of the programme.
- You are welcome to come to sessions on your own or with a partner or another relative who supports you in your care and the care of your child.
- The programme is delivered in an informal style with a group of approximately 10 parents.